Thursday, July 12, 2012

Secret Identity:KingMC Album Review

King MC : "Secret Identity"
Release Date: August 7th, 2012
Record Label: Tate Music Group ( www.tatemusicgroup.com )
Genre: Religious Rap

By: Eric Smith aka DJ Quicksilver

    King MC has grown in his art of being an emcee as it has certainly shown in his newest album "Secret Identity" which is to be released August 7th, 2012 on Tate Music Groups record label. His songs have come a long way and his vocal skills and flow has improved a lot just over the past year or so, and he has come a long way since his first album! I have had the privlige to get a sneak peek at this album before it is released to the general public and I must say that I am honored to have heard it.   
   From the very opening Introduction to the AMAZING acoustic track "Worth" it is a solid album! King MC has a few special guests on the album as well. Hightyde ( www.hightyde.com ) and Phuze make a solid appearance respectfully on the album with the track "Your Hands" with Hightyde and the track R.O.W. which you find out in the track that stands for Rap is Our Weapon, with Phuze. In R.O.W. King MC gives a shout out to tons of other artists that he has worked with and been in contact with, which I give huge props to him for.
     The title track "Secret Identity" has a great piano riff base beat, which is a nice change and just shows King MC's versatile talent. His flow in this track is also very well done, however I did find the chorus a little miss-placed as the beat does take  change, but the more I listened to it, it grew on me and adds a nice change to the track and makes it that much more unique.
     "Fighter" is another song that is really solid from the album as well, it is a track that was very well put together and I believe really shows King MC's strengths. I could listen to this track over and over again. I feel like I am on a emotional roller-coaster, and King MC does a great job getting the message of the song across to the listener. This is by far in my top 3 tracks from this album.
     When this album drops in about a month, you should for sure get the album! Yes, the message is a religious one, and for those that may stray away from this album because of that, I say check out my top 3 tracks "Fighter", "R.O.W" and "Your Hands"... and see if those change your mind about buying the whole album. From start to finish this is a solid album.

UgL Rating: 4.5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment